Thursday, December 19, 2013

Old Poetry I - The Inspiration of Love

Doing crazy things
not doing anything at all

Getting lost out in the world
Discovering universes within the human heart

Having the strength to move mountains
being open enough to surrender

Getting nose to nose in opposition
being the only one I can really talk to

All the colors of the rainbow painted on a silken summer scarf
wind or rain it beams of joy
and all other emotions that brush against 
The Inspiration of Love


 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Morning comes again and the phone has not rung
I pick it up just to be sure
 reality bites
 for a moment, I am silent and sad, the day begins.
  my heart, has no one to speak with,
nothing to share, you're no-longer there.
3am
The moon came by and said 'Hi'.
Sleep was soft beneath the covers
Hopes chance falls onto the pillow
till the dim hours of dawn steel away the time that you might call in the night.

Purity has worn out its welcome.
Memories gather in the shadows of another time
between the dark and the light
it remains a simple thing to find,
to fight,
with all that wants to continue being in love with you.

You pulled away
I fell away
that was the plan
the woman knew, the child
may never understand
we stood about, both capture and prisoner
reluctant to ask any questions
thinking about it would not be safe traveling 
what answer could I possibly reach for if I fell?

So, I say 'Hello" to the moon once more
and call on certainty
that a voice in the night 
someday 
I will no-longer wait for.

No comments: