Friday, September 28, 2007

WIP (work in progress) reports for class

In this posting, Prof. Cooke asked her students to look around on the net and find what we think might be a good example of 'Good' & 'Bad' websites. Here's what I found:
Bad

Silvana's web on symbols. Why you wonder? My guess is she is still learning about her site. It seems unfinished. Her text runs outside the designated area. She has picked yellow lettering on white background and that's painful on the eyes. There is also annoying advertisement on the site that detracts to the mistier of her site.

Good
I won't say this one is good, yet it's simple and maybe something I would do. Hallmark Welsh Ponies. I could get around, I know what I was looking at, they had a pleasing and appropriate background. It didn't fit and it tiled and I now know what and how that happens. This is a site that I will try to emulate just because I understand the elements of simplicity.


No comments: